Having grown up in the Boston area, I am quite familiar with the usual ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This year, St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Saturday, so there is even more opportunity to celebrate!
First, I must let all visitor’s know that the parade already happened…it was LAST SATURDAY in Erie. And there was a pub crawl as well. However, that doesn’t daunt us, because we know that the REAL St Patrick’s Day is March 17th, next Saturday. Here are our suggestions:
- Start out with a great breakfast at our place! We will have Irish Soda Bread, Doxty potatoes, and anything BUT green eggs and ham.
- Try out some of our local beers first. Arundel Cellars ( http://arundelcellars.com/our-craft-beers.html ) and Five and Twenty Spirits (http://enjoymazza.com/our-distillery-brewery/ can get you in the mood locally, and there will be green wine at Arrowhead Wineries (green apple, actually)
- If you head to downtown Erie, check out the Brewerie at Union Station (https://brewerie.com/upcoming-events.html ) They are doing a pairing of beer and Girl Scout cookies Friday, and food, music and beer on Saturday.
- Heading more towards New York, our favorite cheese purveyor, Reverie Creamery is having a special St Patrick’s Day dinner, pairing Irish beer and traditional Irish food; it looks like fun! (Reverie Creamerie St Patricks Day Party)
- Finally, for those people who are more theatrically inclined, the Station Dinner Theater is hosting an interactive dinner theater of Flanagan’s Wake which looks hilarious!
That should be plenty to round out your day! Come join us!