As January turns into February..the month of love..take a look at the five things this month that we love! Of course we celebrate Valentine’s Day at the Inn but what adds to the celebration?
- Decadent Pairings! This was formerly “Wine and Chocolate Weekend” but now is adding more savory offerings. Not that I have anything at all against wine and chocolate…but with SOOO many wineries and SOOO much wine..a little substance certainly helps along the way. It is the weekend of Valentine’s Day..and always sells out (as we do!). The Wine Trail is mixing some things up this year, so instead of Wine and Cheese in April, it is Wine and Tapas…and they are adding at the end of June..Wine and Barbecue! Yum!
- Talking about Sweet Things..what is new in North East is a new penny candy shop. What fun! Our intrepid Assistant Innkeeper Liz stopped over to check it out and had this to say about the owners and the cool retro candy inside the shop.
- I have talked about The Comedy Center in Jamestown in a blog before..but right now there is voting in USA Today for Best New Museum! It is truly a blast to visit, and not that far away. So please vote…and make sure that you visit, as well!
- I was excited to hear that the theme for this year’s North East UnCorked .fairy tales! Who doesn’t love a good fairy tale? If you don’t know what this fun event is…it is a murder mystery (Cinderella has been murdered?) and your tickets allow you to collect clues and solve the crime..all while sampling local beverages and foods around town. Dress up (or not)…but I already know who Prince Charming is..and I don’t trust him..Saturday May 2 from 3pm to 6pm. Advance tickets required..and a limited number are going to be sold.
- Not to toot my own horn, BUT…I just came back from a little vacation and had free breakfast at three different hotels while traveling. I know that I am a picky eater, but at two of the three places…I had to walk away without eating anything. I didn’t know that eggs could come in that shape…and, why are they always lukewarm? Just saying, that I think breakfast at Grape Arbor is so crazy different from every where I went! And even looking for a place that had breakfast with something original…couldn’t find anything that tops what we do here. Just saying!
Enjoy your February, be it spent with family, your own Prince Charming, or your best friend! Hope to see you soon!